Saturday, June 18, 2011

New Music

So I went to Hastings today and got some new music. I got 3 albums by themselves.

Between the Buried And Me - The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues
Obscura - Omnivium
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis

And I got two cd set like thingies. The first is a Napalm Death set released by Earache Records of the band's last 3 releases on the label. So it comes with the albums Inside the Torn Apart, Words From the Exit Wound, and the EP Breed To Breathe.

Then the second thing I bought was an Opeth release that includes their first 3 albums. This one is called The Candlelight Years and has the albums Orchid, Morningrise, and My Arms Your Hearse.

So in all about 9 albums/EPs for around 70 bucks. Not too bad! I love the new Obscura and have been looking forward to BtBaM's new stuff along with Dillinger. I've been pretty interested in checking out Opeth's progressive death metal and since Mike Akerfeldt did guest vocals/guitar on quite a bit of Edge of Sanity's stuff I though I'd check it out. Most people seem to hold the band in pretty high regard anyways.

And Napalm Death...well its Napalm Death! I'm a big fan of Scum but never really listened any further than From Enslavement to Obliteration besides randomly downloading Smear Campaign.

Some of the stuff I had in my hands but decided not to get were:

Carcass - Necroticism (I want a physical copy of this!)
Carcass - Reek of Putrefaction (not as interested in their Goregrind stuff but still would like to have it)
Still Remains - Of Love and Lunacy
Shadows Fall - Threads of Life
Shadows Fall - Fallout From the War

I also came really close to getting the new Hate Eternal album.

No comments: