Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New cds!

Ah I find there to be something quite special about getting new cds! Looking at the cover art through the glossy plastic. Tearing it off like a little boy on Christmas morning. Then trying to get that fucking sticker off the top of the jewel case before I go batshit crazy. I mean seriously, I know I’m a pretty impatient guy, my girlfriend can attest to this. But what are they using industrial strength adhesive to keep that sticker on?

Ok ok enough about the sticker. I ordered these 4 albums from Barnes and Noble and to my surprised not of them arrived broken. I was pretty shocked to be honest, in the past its been normal for me to get (a) cd(s) in the mail and for the damn thing to practically disintegrate in my freakin hands upon opening the jewel case.

I’m one of those people who enjoys having physical copies of my music. Sure I’ve bought a song or two off of iTunes and have even downloaded stuff online but I keep going back to getting physical releases. For one its nice to have a backup that is easily accessible. If my computer and/or iPod get wiped or destroyed I have the music at my finger tips!

Anyways I cant wait to give the albums a listen and eventually get some reviews of them up!

Thine Eyes Bleed – Thine Eyes Bleed
Skeletonwitch – Beyond the Permafrost
Hail of Bullets - …Of Frost and War
The Crown – Crowned In Terror

No comments: