Saturday, March 12, 2011

Clones

I wish clones would be better, but they never are. Bands like Slugathor and Warmaster are Bolt Thrower worship but they aren't nearly as satisfying. Though the Carcass clones seem to be of a better quality. I enjoy Impaled quite a bit, General Surgery do a pretty good sound of Carcass' old goregrind days as well.

Lots of bands do the Gothenburg thing but never match up to the likes of Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, and At the Gates. In fact I would LOVE to see more bands imitating the old school Gothenburg style. But we are stuck with most melodic death bands from Sweden these days being bad rip offs of Killswitch Engage. The Finnish bands are doing their own thing with the melodic death/doom thing and most of their proper melodeath is too folky for my taste.

Hopefully I can find some bands that do justice to their influences.

No comments: